Holiday Shopping on a Budget: Get the Best Deals for Less
The COVID-19 financial crisis has forced many of us to tighten our belts or be more deliberate at what we buy. That’s true for holiday shopping, too. How do we take advantage of all the big Christmas season sales while still sticking to a budget?
Tips to Spend Less This Holiday Season
Make a wishlist
Instead of spending your money on little impulse purchases, spend it on something that you really need or want. Write a shortlist of what you really need, and then divide into:
- Must-Buy. This is the one major purchase that you really want to get this season.
- Nice to Buy. You need it, but it can wait. You’ll buy it if you find a particularly good deal.
- Buy later. You’d like to have it, but it’s not a priority. You’ll get it only after you’ve bought the Must-Buy and Nice to Buy.
Look for Coupon Codes and Cashbacks
Cashback apps like Dosh and Rakuten, coupon aggregators like CoupinCabin, and websites or apps that aggregate all the sales and discount sin your areas can help you save hundreds of dollars. Many of them also offer incentives for signing up or inviting friends to join.
Look For Deals On Holiday Gift Cards
Some websites will offer gift cards at a discount. Try PlasticWallet, Cardpool, Giftcards.com, Raise, and CardCash. You can use them for your own holiday shopping, or give them as gifts to friends.
They may actually find these gift cards more useful and practical since they can personally choose what to buy—and you don’t have to pay for shipping their gifts, too!
Buy Off-Season Items
Timing is everything. Now is the best time to buy summer clothing, sports equipment, or other items that aren’t in demand. In the same way, you’ll get better deals on winter clothing if you buy it at end of the season.
Cut Back On Other Expenses
To make up for your other holiday expenses, look for ways to save in other areas. For example, instead of meeting up with friends at a restaurant or club, have a simple dinner party at home. And since food and grocery expenses usually take the largest chunk of a household budget, look for recipes with cheaper ingredients, and buy only essentials. If you have trouble keeping track of expenses during the holidays, download a budgeting app. You’ll be surprised at how much you really end up spending on all those pumpkin spice lattes.
Get Emergency Cash, Fast!
As we said earlier, you need to set a priority for holiday shopping: must buy, nice to buy, buy later. But there are some situations when you don’t have that kind of choice. Financial emergencies like medical bills, house and car repairs, or unexpected travel can’t wait. You need to raise emergency cash, and sometimes you only have a few days to come up with the money. What can you do?
Title Loans: One of the Fastest Way To Raise Emergency Money
Title Loans can help you with emergency holiday expenses. These are short-term loans where you use a vehicle for collateral. And you can use any kind of vehicle—car, truck, motorcycle, SUV, RV. It just needs to be under your name.
Benefits of Title Loans
There are many benefits and advantages of applying for a title loan compared to other types of loans. You can get approved with cash in hand very quickly. Here are a few more things to consider:
- You don’t need to have a good credit history (or even any kind of credit history). You don’t have to a certain level or income or prove that you’re employed at all. You just have to show your vehicle registration.
- It is very easy to apply. You don’t have to line up at a bank or office! Through Utah Title Loans you can complete the entire application at your computer.
- You can raise money quickly. Traditional loans are long, tedious processes that require a lot of documents and waiting time—and you’re not even sure if you’ll be approved. Title loans can be approved and processed in just a day.
- You can still use your vehicle. As long as you make monthly payments, you can continue to use your car. It won’t disrupt your daily routine at all. You just have to show your car to get your cash.
How to Apply for Title Loans Near Me
- Go to the homepage on Utah Title Loans and fill out the form.
- A customer service representative will contact you and help explain the process. Feel free to questions ask about your different loan options.
- Apply for the title loan. Once it is approved, submit the documents.
- Receive your money through online transfer, debit card, check or cash.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.