What Do I Need To Know About Title Loans In Utah?
A title loan can help pay for emergency expenses like medical treatments, house, and car repairs, or backlog in bills and rent. But is it right for you?
Taking out a loan is an important financial decision. It’s important to understand how the loan works, compare it with other types of loans and see if it’s a good fit for your needs. This guide to title loans in Utah can help you get started.
What Is A Utah Title Loan?
A title loan is a personal loan where you use your vehicle title as collateral. Some people think that means you literally have to give up your car, but that isn’t how it works.
Instead, a “lien” or legal claim is placed on the vehicle title. While the lien is in place, you can’t sell the vehicle or use it to take out another loan. However, you can still drive your car as much as you like; the loan won’t affect your daily routine. The lien is lifted when you pay off the loan.
With title loans in Utah, you get your cash, and keep your car!
- Lien-free vehicle title registered under your name
- Government-issued ID such as a driver’s license. If you do not have one, you can present a US passport or passport card, non-driver’s card, student ID, or military/military dependent ID card
- Vehicle for inspection
- Fill out our online form. This is a very simple form that allows us to connect you to a loan representative from the nearest branch. If you’re concerned about privacy, rest assured that all information is confidential, and the site is very secure.
- Speak to our loan representative. The representative will call you to personally explain the loan process and answer any questions. This is part of our personalized service and commitment to being transparent. Your trust and confidence are important to us!
- Visit the branch. Bring the requirements to the nearest store to submit the documents and have the vehicle inspected. If you prefer, ask the loan representative to meet you at a convenient location.
- Collect the cash. Once the loan is approved, you get the money the same day. However, if the loan is finalized after the cut-off time, you will receive it the next business day.
How Are Title Loans Different From Other Personal Loans?
Many personal loans will look at your credit score and other financial markers: income level, type, length of employment, financial assets, age, etc. Unfortunately, this kind of criteria can be very limiting. If you earn well from part-time jobs and freelance work, but you can’t provide proof of employment, then you can be denied a loan.
Title loans in Utah are less restrictive. You can qualify even if have a low credit score or have not yet been able to establish a long credit history. You don’t even have to present your employment records, proof of income, or bank statements. That’s because title loans are secured by the vehicle title, not by your financial or credit history.
What Kind Of Vehicles Can Be Used To Get A Loan?
Nearly any car or truck can be used as collateral. However, you must already own the vehicle outright, and the title has to be registered under your name. If it is not, you can go to your local DMV to have it transferred.
The vehicle title also has to be lien-free. That means that there are no current claims or judgments against it, and it is not currently being used as collateral for another loan.
Title loans also allow you to borrow more money than other personal loans like payday loans or signature loans. It can help pay for bigger expenses such as medical treatments or major house or car repairs.
How Much Can I Borrow?
Title loans in Utah can range from $300 to $15,000. The loan amount is calculated according to your vehicle’s market value. That is determined by the model, age, mileage, and overall condition. You can use online car value estimators or pricing guides to have a general idea of how much your car is worth.
Do I Qualify For Title Loans In Utah?
The only qualifications for a title loan are that you’re over 18 years old, and the registered owner of the vehicle with a lien-free title. That’s it!
When Should I Consider Getting A Title Loan?
- You need to raise money for an urgent, unexpected expense
- You do not have a high credit score or a strong credit history
- You need the money as soon as possible
- You are unable to source the money from other means, like borrowing from friends or family
Where Can I Find Fast Title Loans In Utah?
Utah Title Loans, Inc. is one of the fastest, most convenient ways to get a title loan in Utah. You can start the process online, and then complete the request at the branch in just about 30 minutes. If you’re approved, you get your money the same day or the next business day.
Inquire About A Title Loan Now
Ready to apply for a title loan, or have more questions about it? Reach out through the online form, and we’ll be happy to walk you through it.
Our customer service representatives are waiting to get you connected to the fast cash title loan you need today! Why wait? Address any financial emergency you are dealing with now!
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.